We acknowledge that Bench headquarters is located on the traditional, ancestral, and unceded territory of the Coast Salish Peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Our mission is to make a profound difference in the quality of life of one million people, by removing the financial complexity of entrepreneurship. Businesses need to understand their financial performance, but for many smaller ones, this means a trade-off between doing their books and running their businesses.
We’re growing fast, and we’re looking for you to join us on this incredible journey.
What’s it like on the Sales Team at Bench?
At the core of it, sales at Bench is a people-centric team focused on helping small business owners and entrepreneurs in the US. As a Sales Specialist, your first interaction with a potential client is the start of their relationship with Bench. Your genuine curiosity and drive to help people is what guides your approach to discover how Bench can be a part of their entrepreneurial journey. You’ll have targets to meet individually and revenue goals to hit as a team, which fuels your innate sense of determination. If you’re looking to gain experience in sales and start-ups while making a real difference in people’s lives, then you’ve come to the right place.
What you’ll be getting up to:
- Learning what it means to be a part of our stellar Sales team
- Communicating with entrepreneurs and small business owners to gain a deeper understanding of their business needs, and educating them on how we are here to give them financial control over their lives
- Using your good-natured wit and charm to build new relationships over the phone and email
- Helping one of Vancouver’s fastest-growing startups hit its revenue and growth goals
- Guiding potential clients through to successful closure
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to:
- Be fluent in Spanish and English
- Have a genuine passion for helping people
- Be realistic about temporary challenges and setbacks, and use them to motivate yourself and others to achieve targets
- Embrace feedback with arms wide open and action it to further your success
- Be able to contribute to a high-performing team by bringing lots of mental horsepower, amazing work ethic, positive energy, and a little weirdness to keep things interesting
- Be able to communicate clearly and articulately on the phone and in messaging. (Note: We do not believe in the idea of “standard” accents for the English language.)
The extra details:
- Competitive base salary and monthly uncapped commission! Along with and an extended benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision.
- All Benchmates have access to Inkblot Therapy, our virtual counselling service to support mental wellbeing, and Bravely, our confidential, on-demand, 1:1 professional coaching service.
- We’re currently fully remote! We’ll set you up with everything you need to work from home, from day one.
We believe that unchecked biases disproportionately impact the most marginalized people in society—including but not limited to BIPOC, LGBTQ2S+ people, immigrants, and people with disabilities. We strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or other marginalized communities because we believe that without you, we are all less. At Bench, we don’t stand for tokenism. We stand for representation.